History has shown that, over time, real estate has the stability and reality often sought by investors. However, what made sense in the real estate market only a couple of years ago, makes little sense today. Issues of marketability, approaches to use, transactional structures, and negotiations are all evolving and demand that you have lawyers with the experience to navigate the issues.
Whether your property is a condominium, single family residence, hotel, shopping center or one of Miami’s largest office buildings, the real estate team at Cohen|Ruiz has been there and done that. We match the talent to the challenges and ensure that you are aware of the issues in today’s market. Whether you make your own deal or seek our assistance in the negotiations, our unique strategies will assist you in achieving successful results.
Fundamental to the ownership of any real estate interest is solid title. Buyers, sellers and lenders all require that real estate title issues be addressed in an expedited and decisive manner. At Cohen|Ruiz, we perform all title reviews “in house” and the firm’s attorneys have been the “go to” problem solvers for the title insurance industry for over 25 years.
- Restructurings of nonperforming loans
- The purchase / sale of negotiable instruments
- Equity investment financing
- Complex financing issues involving mezzanine and conduit loan financing
- Short sales and judicial sales
- Loan documentation
- Association representation (including, developer rights and responsibilities, turnover, collection of assessments, liens and foreclosures)
- Condominium conversions (both residential and commercial)
- Leasing (new construction projects as well as existing structures)
Foreign based client – No Problem. Members of our team are fluent in Spanish. Any necessary offshore organizations are designed with your particular transaction in mind.